Thursday, June 7, 2007

Its nice to be done

Done with what you may be asking? Why my first round of oxygen measurements for this experiment. I have measured all five individuals from all seven populations at least once. One round down, two to go (I think...my advisor keeps deciding to change experimental design on me mid experiment....) So what am I doing to celebrate? Why analyzing all that data of course! (really, secretly I can't really say I'm done till I make sure my data isn't smoking a whole lot of crack first...I suspect its not, but I have been wrong before).

Oh, and thanks to my fam for the excellent card! It was hysterical, and will be posted proudly on the wetlab wall.

Happy Graduation to Naomi. Just remember the Simpsons...Bart-Look at me I'm a grad student. I'm 30 years old and made six hundred dollars last year. Marge-Bart! Don't make fun of grad students. They just made a terrible life choice.
(PS its not really terrible...really...its actually pretty fun.)

In other news: I finished Russell's birthday socks two days ago, he celebrated by wearing them yesterday. Now I can finish my socks...and work on my sweater...and start another pair of socks...and maybe a third pair of socks (this book Socks Socks Socks features a pair with the Pablo Naruda Poem, "Ode to My Socks" on them....)(for those of you who are noticing the sock theme...I have discovered they are clearly the perfect knitting for a florida summer...they fun enough to keep busy with, and small enough that they don't lead to what I like to call "The woolie blanket effect....") Also, graduate school is leading to a short attention span...thus the multiple simultaneous projects. I will post some pictures of the birthday socks when I am where my digital camera is.



And now I leave you with a gratuitous photo of my fishy....just because.

No comments: