Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Blogstravaganza

It's been a while since I posted (why do so many of my posts begin this way?) but this time I have a good excuse. I have returned to life as a working stiff, beginning my post doc a few weeks ago. I am settling into the lab, learning the ropes on some new techniques, using a fancy computer for data analysis, and raising some baby salmon. I've been delving into the the lands and terminology of population genetics, rather than evolutionary genetics, and learning about linkage. Good times!

Lest you believe it has been all work and no play, you could go on over and check out my husbands blog (russelleverett.blogspot.com) where he has also detailed some of our latest exploits. These exploits have included mushrooming, more mushrooming, visiting a Mystery Mine (that's really what it's called) seeing a movie or two, and lots of cooking.

Our latest exploit was our Octoberfest party. This was supposed to be a celebration of my thesis and Russell's bar exam scores....but his scores haven't arrived yet. So instead it was a "Get the families together" Party. It was a lot of fun. I made pretzel's, Russell made mustard and brats. Everyone sampled Russell's homebrew and we all got to visit, which was great. My sister was even out from Chicago. Unfortunately as I was running around trying to socialize, I didn't get any photos of the event.

All in all a good couple weeks.

No comments: