Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hot Hot Hot

Seattle has set a new all time temperature record today. SeaTac hit 101 just after lunch, and continued to climb. Last I heard was 102 but it may be higher. Good posts here. Good climate blog that one. It is currently 102 deg F on my back porch. It's kind of nice, in ten minute intervals. Definately not as humid as Florida. Only drawback, no air conditioning. The remedy? My awesome basement. I have a little desk set up down there, I get internet and phone signal, and it is in the 60's to 70's. I took pity on the dog and have carried him down there with me (he can't navigate the steep stairs) he loves it. The cat, well she is enjoying the heat but staying in the shade.

Result of this basement exile? A lot of thesis work done! Figures made, analysis finished(?)(there is always more analysis, and I am sure as I write up the results and discussion I will think of something else to try) and I have started writing. WooHoo. I should have a draft done by the end of the week!

The only bad thing? I had hoped to bake blueberry hand pies with berries I got at the farmers market, and it is waaaaay to hot to make pie crust. Maybe I'll mix and roll the dough in the basement :)

1 comment:

Fran said...

There must be some apropos cliché. How about: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

Too hot for Seattle. Hope you get a lot done before the inevitable cooling!