Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wow

I realized its been like a month since I've posted anything. In my defense, that month has been insane! Lots of work. I'm into "hell month(s)"....that period in which I must work desperately to finish my dissertation. Its not going fast.

In other news I have still had some crafting time, baking time, and now my sisters are visiting, so I'll have some cool blog fodder soon.

For now, I leave you with this little review. UM has not done many health care things right while I have worked here. The student health center is a disaster, and the insurance sucks. They have gotten one thing TOTALLY RIGHT however. Last year they began offering a once per year optical exam to graduate students. But you had to go to their doctor. I was initially skeptical, but this guy is GREAT! Best optometrist I have ever been to. No, nonsense, knows his stuff, uses the latest technology and doesn't try to sell you stuff you don't need. When he heard I was graduating and moving, at the end of the appointment he made sure I had copies of my chart (to take to my next optometrist). He also takes photos of all his patients retinas, to do a direct, magnified check for problems, and he made sure I had email copies of those too. So if you ever find yourself in Miami, and in need of an eye exam I recommend Dr. Lloyd Schneider.

No comments: