Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another two weeks gone

How does it happen. Where does the time go?

Anyhoo, in the time I was away not blogging, I worked a lot, got sick, and did some other fun stuff.

For instance...

On Saturday we went kayaking. We have purchased ourselves some kayaks and are trying to make good use of them. So relatively early (we planned to leave really early, but were out on Friday for my School's annual auction) we loaded the boats on the car and headed for Flamingo, down in the Southern tip of Everglades National Park.

It was a beautiful day to be on the water.



As you can see we were doing some fishing too. Russell caught a Redfish and I caught nothing....which I am used to. Coolest moment of the day, there were a lot of Osprey around and two of them got in a battle over a fish right over the top of my head. All in all a good day.

Other recent developents, we have started what I am calling "Operation SEEDS!!!" I have been trying for the last two winters to do some small scale container gardening on the back deck. We grow in the winter here, cause thats when the weather is nice and the sun won't fry your little plants. This year Russell got in on the action and we ordered a bunch of seed from Johnny's seed company. We planted them just on Tuesday night and this morning this is what we saw.

And this afternoon, there were more...


We did watch the last Presidential debate last night. And I did spin for the duration. This time I finished off one bobbin


And partially filled another.


Thats all for now. I'm off to bake pumpkin scones. Yum!

No comments: