Monday, July 20, 2009

Hey Mom Look At Me!

I have to wonder if this went through my cat's head this morning. I let her out as usual in the morning. She was being a particular menace, rushing around the house and acting really wild, managed to knock over my cup of coffee almost into my laptop, so I sent her out planning to leave her for a while. I peeked out once after a couple hours, but didn't see her in her favorite spots, but didn't think much of it. A couple hours later I looked again, still no sign of her, but I could hear her bell. I walk outside and call....And get FRANTIC meowing in return. It took me a few minutes to find the dummy. She had somehow gotten onto the neighbors roof. And she wanted down. Bad. If she could see you outside she was wailing her head off. It took about twenty minutes, two of us, and a ladder to get her down. She's been pretty mad at me over the loss of dignity entailed, I had to just grab her and scruff her to get her off the roof. Happily our neighbor is really cool, and thought it was pretty funny.

Dear the cat. Stay of the roof if you can't get yourself down.

No comments: