Thursday, June 11, 2009

Photoless blogging continues

I'll do a travel summary of photos, when I am arrived.

So today the blog comes to you from Billings, Montana. A surprisingly large city for being in Montana. Also surprisingly large compared to a lot of other towns I have seen in the last two days.
Todays route started in Sioux Falls, South Dakota (state 9). We took I-90 across South Dakota. This starts with rolling farms, and numerous little towns. Then you cross the Missouri River, and are in open prairie country until you hit the Black hills. The sky is large, and everything goes on forever in all directions. However, I would like to point out to everyone, this is NOT flat country. Miami is Flat, the Everglades is Flat, Texas, Lord knows, is Flat. The high prairie is not flat, it rolls, and that little bit of topography makes all the difference.

The Black hills are beautiful. We detoured into them to go see Crazy Horse, and Mount Rushmore.

Then it was a charge across Wyoming (State 10) and into Montana (State 11).

More on these states later
Now off to bed.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Oh I'm so glad you saw Crazy Horse! Isn't it just wonderful. I doubt they will finish it in my lifetime, but if they do, I'm there!

Fran said...

I don't know why they call Fran a Pilgrim! Some computer misdeed from my past, no doubt.