Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dodge the bullett

I hate to tempt fate by saying this. But it looks like we'll dodge this storm. Ike has been sticking to its Southern route, so we are now out of the cone of error. This is not to say we won't get some weather. Currenly we have a 50% chance of Tropical Storm force winds on Tuesday, but thats not too big a deal. Yay.

Other things I did with my weekend when not watching the hurricane. I worked in the lab (someday working on weekends will be over....).

I knit on my sweater.

I baked some Cibatta while Russell made Sausage with a friend.



All in all a good weekend. Now we'll see if we have school tomorrow or Tuesday...I hope they cancel it. Not because I want to skip out on working, but because they put the shutters up on the building, and so being in the office is like working in a cave.

3 comments:

Fran said...

What a gorgeous sweater! You are quite a knitter.

We'll be thinking about you during the hurricane. That's something about Miami you won't miss!

Fran said...

So did you dodge the bullet?

Meredith said...

We totally dodged the bullet. Poor Galveston, I hope things turn out ok for them.